[mythtv-users] what is the cat's ass of integrated "set top box" like hardware now?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:18:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 July 2011 09:12, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>
>> On 20/07/2011 17:09, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> > On 20/07/2011 16:37, Tim Draper wrote:
>> >>
>> http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/ASRock-Vision-3D-Core-i3-370M-4GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-DVD-RW-NVIDIA-GT425M-Black-Mini-HTPC-PC-%5BNo-Operating-System%5D_35642.html
>> ,
>> >
>> > Coo! Nice.  Any idea whether the motherboard (hopefully with graphics
>> > buit in) is available separately?
>>
>> No? Was that a stupid question then? I was just thinking I could replace
>> the motherboard in my existing frontend if this CPU and graphics
>> chip come in fanless form on a standard mini-itx mobo. I'd quite like
>> to be able to use the Advanced x2 deinterlacer and I'd like my menus
>> a bit faster, but I don't want to fork out for the completel
>> system.
>>
>> P.
>>

> http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=100002&lang=enhave some atom/ion based machines.
> zotac are usually high on my list for HTPC/ITX hardware.
>
> on the flip side, the entire family of core i (board dependant) do have
> built on intel-HD graphics. it's one of the key features of the i-series. i
> have an i3-350 based laptop, and can handle 720/1080 feeds (i dont use it
> often, but knowing me, it would of been 'p')

I actually just bought the Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U from Newegg based on what
someone had posted in the Myth Wiki. It has an Ion GPU and the VDPAU works
excellent with my HD-PVR sources. Setup was really easy and I couldn't be
happier.

With the $30 rebate they are running now you can get the box, 250 GB HD, 2
GB RAM for $220.