[mythtv-users] what is the cat's ass of integrated "set top box" like hardware now?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 21 13:14:14 UTC 2011

On 11-07-21 08:25 AM, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> I've been following this thread with interest because I'm in the Market for a small nvidia power front end only machine.

:-)

> Has anyone tried the jetway jbc600 system from linitx? Http://linitx.com/product/12973

Hey.  That looks nice!  Here's the jetway webpage on it:

http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/ITX-JBC600C99352W.html

> It looks pretty good and comes with ion2, gigabit LAN and remote.

Very sweet indeed.  It does need RAM added to it.  Anyone know if a
single stick of 2G would provide the Nvidia chip with enough RAM or
would I need 2x1G?

Oh, and perhaps it's not coming with an HDD in the JC600C99352W-BW
model, since I see the JC600C99352W-BWM specifies "and 320GB Hard Drive
with Windows 7 64-bit".  I might actually just stick a 2G SD card in
this thing and redirect all logs to a different machine.

Is the ION2 a very capable VDPAU chipset?  It does seem to be a
"features C" chipset, with "D" being the only higher rating.  Is it
capable of the most advanced/aggressive de-interlacing @1920x1080?

> However they are out of stock at the minute

Newegg appears to have them, although I have not completely checked out
of their shopping system.

Nice find Robert.  If you find anything else, be sure to post here.

b.