[mythtv-users] what is the cat's ass of integrated "set top box" like hardware now?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 20 21:57:38 UTC 2011

On 11-07-20 05:44 PM, Peter Mitchell wrote:

> As there has been mention of blu ray it's pobably best to remember that no Intel GPU
> solution including Sandy Bridge is currently capable of outputing video @ 23.976 fps

If that means what it seems to mean, yuck.

> - i.e. the
> native frame rate of most films.

Indeed.

> As this is a result of their hardware design as opposed to
> a driver limitation I personally would be reluctant to consider Intel graphics for a HTPC if
> I thought I might want to play blu rays in conjunction with a suitable display at some point.

Indeed.  Why would I want to have to mangle the input source to make it
match a design limit in the output path.  I got a TV that switches frame
rates for exactly this purpose.  The more you can match output to input,
of course, the better the playback is going to look.

b.