[mythtv-users] alsa 1.0.24 ppa for *buntu

Chris Kapp chris.kapp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:47:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to help someone on the mythbuntu forums get audio over
>> hdmi working on a nvidia 430 card.
>>
>> I see lots of references to getting the required alsa packages from a
>> pps, but googling alsa ppa gives lots of different options.
>>
>> Which is the best one from a stability point of view for getting the
>> required alsa packages?
>>

> Oh and bonus points for exactly which packages need installing...
>
> He has 10.10 base system.

Nick,
I am currently on Maverick.  I have the daily build  ppa:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa/ubuntu main

I have loaded the package:
linux-alsa-driver-modules-2.6.35-28-generic
That should match the version of your kernel.

My Nvidia card required the audio device of
ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3

Chris.