[mythtv-users] Hauppauge USB CableCard Tuner for $129!

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:24:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>> > Prices just keep falling.  The Ceton card is on New Egg today for
>> > $269.99 with free shipping.
>>
>> Apparently you can do even better than that. If you log in to newegg
>> business (it's a separate website from the regular newegg site), they
>> have the same price and you can use the code ent50 to get $50 off,
>> making the ceton $219. Incredible deal. Note: I haven't actually
>> verified it myself, but I've seen several people report it working for
>> them.
>>
>> --
>> Ron Frazier
>>

> You must have a business to create an account.  I tried to fake it, but it
> asked for tax ID if I remember correctly.

Nix that last message.  You can enter XX-XXXXXX for your tax ID.  Not sure
if I should get a Ceton or apply this coupon to a PRIME on Monday.  The
PRIME will work with .24-fixes, but the Ceton will require your patch Ron.
 What do you think?  I actually still have a pre-order for the PRIME with
Amazon for $207 shipped.  From NewEgg, the Ceton would cost $236 shipped and
the PRIME would cost around $220 shipped.

-Tom