[mythtv-users] Problem with streaming music in mythweb

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jul 20 02:24:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:40:16 -0400, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Raymond Wagner  wrote:
>  On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:45:21 -0400, Adam Jimerson
>  wrote:
>  > I am having problems getting music to stream via Mythweb, I have the
>  data
>  > directory linked to where my music is and can see my music in the
>  > interface.
>  > When I build a playlist and download the .m3u file and open it in VLC
>  > can see
>  > it jump through the songs in the playlist but none of them actually
>  play.
>  > I
>  > have tried switching from Digest to Basic auth, I have tried changing
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > In mythweb's Streaming options I have set "Force HTTP for streams"
>  "Force
>  > HTTP/HTTPS port for streams" to 8080 (same as mythweb), and set
"Embed
>  > HTTP
>  > basic auth user name/password into stream urls" and this still is
>  > happening.
>  >
>  > Anything I am over looking?
>
>  Is your music stored on a remote frontend, or otherwise somewhere not
>  accessible to both mythweb and the master backend?
>
> My frontend, backend, and mythweb system is all one box and as I stated
> linked the directory that has my music to the data directory inside of
> mythweb

Linking the music into the data folder does nothing.  MythWeb pulls the
music straight from the location defined on the hard drive.  That means the
user running apache needs to have UNIX file permissions to access it, and
you need apache Directory directives telling the server to allow access to
those paths.  That also means you cannot be running apache in a chroot, or
anything of that sort.  Failing that, MythWeb will attempt to stream the
content over the XML interface from the backend, which requires that the
user running the backend have file permissions to access the content.