[mythtv-users] High analog recording failure rate

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 19 17:37:21 UTC 2011

I read the attached tip.  I took this to mean I should set up recording
groups on a per-tuner basis, which I interpreted should result in a
group for the 350, and (here I am less sure of myself) two other groups
for the 500 which has two tuners.  I still get a fairly high failure
rate of recordings although I feel from my small sample size that it may
be a smaller proportion of the total than before.

Still, I'm not entirely sure that tip applied to my situation because
the mistuned recordings (if that's exactly what's going on) are messed
up from beginning to end, and the tip appeared to be about keeping a
second recording from messing the tuner up during a recording in
progress.