[mythtv-users] Hauppauge USB CableCard Tuner for $129!

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:13:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Slightly off topic: I'm currently using Comcast DTAs feeding my Hauppauge
>> PVR-500s for SD content. If I understand this thread correctly, I can
>> replace all that with one or more of these, get the same functionality (or
>> better), and reduce how much money I donate each month to Comcast. Is that
>> correct?

As for cost that depends on if you pay for DTAs. I have 2 "free" DTAs.
"free" because a few months after giving me these for free since they
increased the cable card rental fee (to $5 to $7) and added a $7/
month modem rental fee and I have never ever rented a cable modem (for
7 years of service) since cable modems are like $70 to purchase.
However if I moved to using one of these devices I would have to add
an additional $5 to $7 cable card fee.

John