[mythtv-users] *MUTTER* LIRC on a Fresh Mythbuntu 11.04 with Serial Receiver

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:22:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:

> 2011/7/19 Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com>:
> > I also note (though I haven't needed it in the past) that a "generic"
> serial
> > setup in the mythbuntu control center for LIRC is simply not available as
> an
> > option in the drop down anymore.  I'm missing something "new" with
> changes
> > to LIRC in the last 3 releases but I have no idea what.
> > HELP?
>
> I can't help you with the specific lirc_serial problem, but this
> should give you a pointer or two on what to search for:
> http://wilsonet.com/?page_id=95
>
> Best regards
> Kenni

Yea, unfortunately that page tells me that things have changed, but there's
absolutely no mention of a Serial IR Receiver in there at all.

Seems EVERYONE now has the mceusb hardware and no one seems to be using a
straight serial IR receiver at this point since every posting i've seen
recently has been mceusb based.

ANYONE out there using serial IR at this point or should I be looking into a
new IR receiver for some of this?

Recommendations?  I've got 2 remotes (1 a standard learning remote the other
one of the logitech programmables) that I need to make work with this system
and really no clue anymore about what I should be looking at.

--Doug