[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork Dual receivers

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:09:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Dan Wilson
<dwilson at solidstatesoftware.com> wrote:

> I would like to get an HD dual receiver. The first channel on the
> receiver is HD and uses an IR remote control, but the second channel
> uses an RF remote. I will also likely get a second dual receiver to
> replace the existing single receiver, either HD or analog. Dish charges
> per receiver unit, not per receivers in a unit, so I can have 4 separate
> recording channels for the price of a single extra receiver on my
> monthly bill.

Dish Network subscriber here, using an HD Duo VIP222k for capturing HD
from TV1.  I feed the component out from the STB to the HDPVR and
record that way.  Optical audio out from the STB to optical in on the
HDPVR.  I have the blaster from the HDPVR taped right in front of the
IR receiver on the STB with black tape and haven't missed a channel
change.

As someone else pointed out, TV2 is SD only.