[mythtv-users] AutoExpire: Oldest Show First, yet newly recorded shows still expire...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:33:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/16/2011 04:05 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> I have had Myth make some odd decisions in what shows to expire to
>> clear up space. I have a lot of space so I decided to set it to Oldest
>> Show First since that basically means stuff recorded 2+ weeks ago get
>> deleted which is more than enough time for us to actually watch them.
>>
>> anyway, since then I've noticed that Myth still expires new-ish
>> recordings (from as soon as earlier that day). can someone help me
>> troubleshoot to find out why this is happening?
>>
>> thanks!!
>
> For a start:
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7936#comment:16
> and, more importantly,
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7936#comment:18
>
> And note that MythTV will only ever expire recordings when recordings
> are in progress--and then only on the file systems to which it's
> recording.  So if you have a full file system with only new recordings...
>
> Also, have you recently added a new backend host?

I added a slave backend a while back. Can different backends have
different expire settings?

one thing I just noticed is that in my Deleted recordings list via
Mythweb there's about 100GB worth of "expired" recordings that don't
need to be there, they can just as well reside in the main Default
listing until they actually need to be deleted. This is very confusing
as well.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!