[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 2250

Saul A Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 23:22:46 UTC 2011

A friend of mine is ready to try out MythTV, since this is his first
adventure to the Linux world I recommended Mythbuntu.
The trouble is the box he wants to use has only one slot for expansion
cards and it is PCIe x1, half size.
Analog is important, this PVR is going to be used for analog cable
here in the US.

The only tuner card that seems to fit hardware-wise is HaupPauge 2250
(or 1250).

I've been Googling to find out if analog side of these cards works, but
found nothing recent. I did find a post in Ubuntu forums that claimed
drivers are included in 2.6.37, but there was no confirmation.

I browsed kernel sources but couldn't find it.

I do not want him to shell out $$$ only to find it does not work.

So the question is, how hard (if possible at all) is to get this card
working with newest kernels?

The second question is whether there is anything else he could use, USB
maybe?

--
Cheers, Saul