[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Jul 17 12:09:35 UTC 2011

> But in any case, I've got my cable card up and running in my Ceton now, so
> Ron - I'd also be very interested in trying out your custom build to see if
> I can get it working in MythTV.

Just to be clear, I'll be providing custom code (so you can patch and
build it yourself), not a custom precompiled build (not sure what
would be involved in doing that).

I should have it available in the next few days. As far as I can tell,
everything is working fine. The last 2 problems I was aware of seem to
be solved. One (the occasional tuning failures) was fixed with code
changes, and the other (generating bad previews) appears to have been
the result of a bug in some system library, as it went away as soon as
I upgraded to debian 6.0.2.1. Earlier this week, I set the system to
record 80 programs over the course of 12 hours and it completed
without any problems. Right now I'm rebuilding/upgrading my production
system (it was still running 0.22, on an older version of 32-bit
debian). Once that's all set and I can test it out a bit more, I'll
post the code and instructions.

--
Ron Frazier