[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:23:55 UTC 2011

> According to their website, you have to order either digital value or
> digital basic packages, then you have to pay an additional 6.99 for HD
> service, and then I'm not sure if that includes the cost of the first
> box/card or not. For the longest time, I've just had basic cable
> (since I could only capture analog and clear QAM, and didn't want to
> pay for multiple cable boxes and HDPVRs). I called them to upgrade
> (and gave them the ole 'Comcast is offering...." routine) and they
> gave me digital value + HD + 1 cable card for 69.99 for 12 months. So
> they should have added any flags necessary at that time. What I'm
> thinking happened was that my account got messed up when we were
> trying to get the cablecard to activate. He tried several different
> things. A couple of times he wiped everything on my account to start
> fresh, another time he authorized my account for every single channel
> to see if that would make a difference....and I was hoping he'd forget
> and leave it that way :) . So likely the flags got messed up when we
> were playing with all of that  stuff.

Ah, see I was in the same boat, I've only ever had the basic cable service.
When I got the CableCard I realized I'd need to sign up for something extra
or I wouldn't know if it was working or not, so I added the digital value
service.  The people at the desk did seem sure that it would include the HD
package for free.  From their additional options pricing sheet, $6.99 is the
rental fee for an HD receiver, so maybe that's what they were quoting for
you?  I double-checked with them just now, and they didn't add any charge
like that to my account, but I guess we'll see what I have when I activate
the card.

-Alex