[mythtv-users] Key binding issue

C E cnidus.eudoxus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 05:45:24 UTC 2011

I have a key binding issue. I think I know the cause, but I don't have
the skills to figure out how to fix it.

I know that keybingings are hard-coded, but I don't know where or how
how to get a list of those hard-coded bindings. Presumably this means
that the hard coded keybinding is the default if another binding is
not defined. I also know about the easy way of changing keybindings
through MythWeb. This has worked generally pretty well, but the
listing in MythWeb is incomplete because there is at least one thing I
cannot change.

I have 'Backspace' mapped to the same functionality as 'ESC' in all
the possible locations in the MythWeb listing. But there are
situations where only 'ESC' will work to back out of a screen. For
example, while highlighting a recording, pressing 'I' brings up the
info screen. The only way to back out of this screen is to hit 'ESC'.
This is annoying because I have a mini-keyboard (Logitech denovo mini)
and 'ESC' is actually requires two key press (Fn+Tab).
Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Cnidus