[mythtv-users] LIRC stopped recognizing remote with system upgrade

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:52:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
>
> > mind if i ask what tv card you have?
> > the cx23885 has known issue with the lirc mceusb module and you have to
> use mythbuntu 10.10 without kernel updates and lirc =<0.8.7
>
> That TBS issue completely slipped my mind[*]. I'm reasonably sure it was
> not actually rc-core that broke anything, but rather, an unrelated
> commit that got into the kernel about the same time rc-core did. See
> here for reference:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/930442/
>
> In short, I bet its MSI that was horking up their card.
>
> [*] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/482986

Is it at all possible that the mceusb driver is interfering (sometimes) with
audio recording from the HD-PVR?  The same program on the same channel will
occasionally record with sound and sometimes without sound.  This is new
with my upgrade to 11.04/24.1.  I've verified that VLC also does not play
any sound from the recorded file.

-Jerry