[mythtv-users] LIRC stopped recognizing remote with system upgrade

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jul 13 19:21:13 UTC 2011

On Jul 13, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Tim Draper wrote:

> mind if i ask what tv card you have?
> the cx23885 has known issue with the lirc mceusb module and you have to use mythbuntu 10.10 without kernel updates and lirc =<0.8.7

That TBS issue completely slipped my mind[*]. I'm reasonably sure it was
not actually rc-core that broke anything, but rather, an unrelated
commit that got into the kernel about the same time rc-core did. See
here for reference:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/930442/

In short, I bet its MSI that was horking up their card.

[*] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/482986

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com