[mythtv-users] sequentally play video files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 11 13:41:54 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 06:06 AM, Artem Astafyev wrote:
> 2011/7/11 Nick Rout
>> Frankly I have no need for this feature, I can understand it if you
>> have, eg, a load of music videos and want to keep playing music videos
>> continuously.
>>
>> But i use mythvideo for movies and tv programmes, and don't want some
>> random video popping up after the latest movie I watched.
>>
>> A system that automatically started the next video in some arbitrary
>> order would p*** me off. In fact my LG tv accessing mythvideo via DLNA
>> does that, which makes me hate it.
> I just want to know if it's possible before writing a patch :) By the way it
> may be configurable whether to play next video automatically.
> But writing custom script is a good idea. I'll have to use external player
> but it's better then nothing.

There are some upcoming major changes to the database schema, that will
allow using of MythVideo video data the same as MythTV recordings.  At
this point, it's quite possible that we'll consolidate much of the
handling code--including the Watch Recordings playlist feature.

Once this is done, I plan to do some changes that a) add tag support to
recordings (/video) that allow the user to assign any number of tags to
each media file MythTV handles and filter lists by any number of tags
(using and or or grouping), b) modify the playlist support to allow
creating playlists based on similar tag filtering as well as create
"dynamic" playlists using various "commonly useful" criteria (which I
haven't yet defined).  I can't tell you when these changes will be
finished, but I can tell you it won't be soon.  As mentioned, the
database schema change is major, so will not happen before 0.25.

Mike