[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP

Greg Fruth gf20613 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 13:16:58 UTC 2011

(Sorry about the formatting, I missed the original message and only saw the
topic while browsing the archive.)

UPnP needs port 1900 open for SSDP.  Also, on Fedora I had to put this code in the
start() clause in /etc/rc.d/inid.d/mythbackend:

cnt=10
while [[ $cnt -gt 0 ]]
do
(route add -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth0 2>&1) && break
let "cnt=cnt-1"
sleep 2
done

and this in the stop() clause:

route del -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth0

IIRC just doing a single "route add" (on Fedora 6 or thereabouts) would usually fail,
so I put in the loop to make sure it got added.

Using this stuff plus port 1900, I've gotten my PS3 to access my MythTV video and
music files.  Good luck with Android!

-----
Richard Shaw wrote:

In my continuing endeavor to get streaming working on my Android phone
I was looking at trying to use the UPnP features of Myth.

I've downloaded an app but it doesn't detect any UPnP servers. I'm
have my firewall enabled (Fedora 14 x86_64 if it matters) so I tried
searching for any ports that need to be opened up but I couldn't find
anything authorative.

Neither:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UPnP
or
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UPnP_Client_Info

had any information about ports that need to be open...

Thanks,
Richard