[mythtv-users] Storage Group Disk Scheduler

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jul 10 01:03:57 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Raymond Wagner" <raymond at wagnerrp.com>

> If you don't uncleanly mount, then you don't have to fsck. EXT3 just
> has a nasty carry over from EXT2, in that it doesn't trust itself, and
> runs an fsck periodically anyway.

"...in that it realizes that filesystem corruption can come from many
different sources, go unnoticed, spread, and ruin entire systems when you
could have caught it easily, if you had caught it soon enough."

There.  FTFY.  :-)

Got nothing to do with not trusting itself.  It doesn't trust anything.
And neither should you.

Cheers,
-- jra