[mythtv-users] Comcast changed the channel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 8 13:28:22 UTC 2011

On 07/08/2011 09:17 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>> So, the lineup from ScheduleDirect always included the channel number
>> 71.  It was changed by Comcast.   I just deleted the channel, and ran
>> mythfilldatabase as requested by the mythtv-setup script when i quit setup.
>>
>> The channel now has OWN schedules.  I guess I thought this was
>> automated.  why should i have to delete the channel to reflect a network
>> / call sign change.
> You probably didn't *have* to except that mythfilldatabase pre-loads about
> two weeks of scheduling information to work it's magic.  I imagine the
> schedule information would have eventually been replaced with the right
> information, probably on each daily run updating the next day's information.
>   You kinda just forced the issue by deleting the channel.

And you really need to use --dd-grab-all after any change to channels or
Video Sources.  You /should/ use it every single day if you have a
sufficiently-powerful master backend and database server host.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416 .

Mike