[mythtv-users] Fast forward/rewind on aspect ratio change

Tom Wright tom-mythtv at tomonica.net
Wed Jul 6 06:33:20 UTC 2011

On Sunday 03 July 2011 13:09:30 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Just a guess, but perhaps there's a change of frame rate--like from
> 60fps during your 4:3 show to 24fps during the 16:9 commercials, and
> mythfrontend may not be accounting for it during ffwd/rwnd?

It could be, but it seems unlikely to me - both the adverts and the show were
recorded for TV so I would have thought they'd be at 50Hz interlaced.  Also,
it *only* happens with aspect ratio changes - even adverts in films are fine,
provided everything's at 16:9.

Any idea how I can check the frame rate of recorded Myth video, just to be
sure?

Tom