[mythtv-users] 8400GS for bluray?

Peter Buelow goballstate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 00:50:26 UTC 2011

On 07/04/2011 01:06 PM, Neil Salstrom wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Zuriel<elpinkus at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy outputfile.mp4
>>
>> ffmpeg will automatically pick the right container format from the output
>> filename.
>>
>> You might also try:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -an outputfile.mp4
>>
>> This will give you video and no sound. Just for testing purposes, to see if
>> the sound might be causing an issue somehow.
>>
>> As far as troubleshooting does, I'd try a different player and then software
>> decoding to see what results I get. And make sure deinterlacing is turned
>> off.

> That worked great.  I first tried copying the video and it played
> without any stutters or dropping frames.  I then tried both audio and
> video but ffmpeg threw an error:
>
> <snip>
>      Stream #0.0(eng): Video: libx264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR
> 16:9], q=2-31, 1k tbn, 1k tbc
>      Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, 6 channels
>      Metadata:
>        title           : Lossless
> Stream mapping:
>    Stream #0.0 ->  #0.0
>    St
> Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)
> <snip>
>
> Is this because the audio track is DTS-HD MA?
>
> This however worked:
>
> ffmpeg -i title.mkv -vcodec copy -ar 48000 test.mp4
>
> This was able to play in mythtv without any audio or video issues at
> all.  It looked great.  I wonder why the .mkv had serious issues?
>
> At any rate, it seems to be working with .mp4 files!
>
> Thanks everyone for the help!
If you look at the myth wiki, there's a bunch of help for how to fix
video playback when using Nvidia. The big things are to make sure you're
using the vdpau profile for all playback (mine is set to High Quality),
and the second is to set the Custom Filters, adding the variable
vdpaubuffersize, set to 40. I've used a whole host of Nvidia cards, from
the 8400 through the current 250 that's in there, and every one of them,
on my Intel core2 quad requires 40 for that value to have perfect
playback. Look here for more tips.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

-pete