[mythtv-users] 8400GS for bluray?

Zuriel elpinkus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 05:23:54 UTC 2011

> I was thinking that too.  Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot
> the stuttery playback?  I can see it's dropping frames and as a result
> the audio stutters.  Is there a way to losslessly convert to a
> different container that does not have an issue with "bursty reads" as
> mentioned earlier?

ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy outputfile.mp4

ffmpeg will automatically pick the right container format from the output filename.

You might also try:

ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -an outputfile.mp4

This will give you video and no sound. Just for testing purposes, to see if the sound might be causing an issue somehow.

As far as troubleshooting does, I'd try a different player and then software decoding to see what results I get. And make sure deinterlacing is turned off.