[mythtv-users] 8400GS for bluray?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:21:13 UTC 2011

Can anyone successfully use a 8400GS for bluray playback?  I ripped
Voyage of the Dawn Treader using makemkv (no re-encoding of the video)
yesterday as my first attempt to play something bluray related.  The
picture looked great but every few seconds it would stutter and I'd
get audio dropouts.  The video is 1080 at 24 and I'm thinking the 8400GS
just does not have enough muscle to make it happen.

During playback I took a look at what was going on via "top" and the
CPU was at about 8% for mythfrontend.  Should I be in the market for a
passive cooled Gforce 430?

Thanks,

Neil