[mythtv-users] Upgrade Suggestions - currently on myth 0.21 with PVR150, 250, 350

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sun Jul 3 02:46:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 22:34 -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-07-02 05:03 PM, James Pifer wrote:
> > I've been running Myth since the 0.14 days. Couldn't live without it and
> > WAF is fairly high except for a couple nagging issues we've been
> > having.
> ..
>
> > Any alternative tuner options?
>
> You've already got the best analog tuners for MythTV.
> Just find a mobo with enough PCI slots so that you can continue using them all.
>
> A bigger concern is keeping your remote control (whatever it is) working.
>
> Cheers

what is the issue with the remote? My frontends have usb receivers and
using hauppauge remotes.

Are there any decent external tuners for analog tv? I agree, my tuners
have been very good for a long time...just concerned about the
occasional bad recordings we've been having. I hope the cards are ok.

thanks,
James