[mythtv-users] UK: who can still play BBD HD transmissions

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Jul 1 08:06:30 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have a Zotac ION frontend, and I've been one of the lucky
ones who gets glitch free playback, but with the run up to
the 3D tennis transmissions, the BBC seems to have swapped
BBC HD over from 1440x1080 to 1920x1080. They may have
also increased the bit rate. I had some early transmissions
play back fine, but now my FE cannot play anything from
BBC HD without turning off deinterlacing.

How are other's fairing out there, and on what hardware?
I'm wondering if I will need to update to ION2. Currently
my FE is in a nice little mini itx box. I don't really
want to be forced to anything bigger. I guess I can
transcode for now: at least with JYA's stuff I can pretty
much do so losslessly.

I know from Andre's comment that GT430 can handle it.

Cheers,
	Paul.