[mythtv-users] UPnP Clients: MediaMVP HD or "New" AppleTV

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 1 05:06:25 UTC 2011

MythTV Users:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Greg wrote:

> I use a device called The Patriot Box Office ( I never could get my PS3
> working on Mythtv)..The interface is a bit clunky,but I have seen these
> on Newegg for $49.95 (right now it's $54.95 after rebate)at times..It
> works pretty well and comes with it's own remote....

Although I tried a MediaMVP HD, even with the "Latest" Firmware from
Hauppauge (Version 1.1.22), it never plays past the first 10 Seconds of
Analog TV Shows which MythTV recorded from my Hauppauge HVR-1600 Capture
Cards???  Therefore this week I decided to purchase a "Patriot Box Office"
and to my delight it plays those same TV Shows just fine...

Greg thanks for your Suggestion!!!

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)