[mythtv-users] Recorded TV Android playback ?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:59:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Harry Coin <hcoin at quietfountain.com> wrote:
> My HTC 'Android' phone finds the MythTV backend via WIFI and can play
> back videos, and can correctly browse the names and details of all
> recorded shows.
>
> But, when asked to play a show, it fails.  Format ideas?  Any ideas?

Well you've gotten further than I have. My phone doesn't have enough
umph to playback HD content. What's really needed as an on the fly
transcoder that will supply the right format at the native resolution.
I tried VLC Stream & Convert but it doesn't work well or in an
integrated way.

Air Video does this for Iphones, need the equivalent that will
integrate with MythTV.

Thanks,
Richard