[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1950 and Ubuntu 10.04- Not creating /dev/video0
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 31 19:18:01 UTC 2011
On Jan 31, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Nicholas Oleksinski wrote:
> Hi Jared:
> See below...
>
>
> So the tvtime failure is expected, and VLC seems to be working fine, at
> least with the analogue side of the hardware. I'm assuming the hardware
> and driver are good to go at this point, and the only remaining issue is
> configuring MythTV appropriately to use it.
>
> So Nicholas, see here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1
>
> And take special note of the "if you have a dual digital/analog card"
> part, which applies for the HVR-1950.
>
>
> So I've read conflicting recommendations on the type of capture device to add. One how-to recommended DVB (this one) and the other recommended IVTV MPEG-2 encoder card.
The one that recommended anything contrary to what's in the official
HOWTO is wrong. :)
Assuming you're talking about the squidpower link, yes, that route may
work if you only ever want to use the analog side, but its not the
right way to set up this device.
> Not sure what to do here, and also I cannot find what is called here 'the "Analog Options" button within the DVB configuration panel'.
I don't have any hybrid capture devices in front of me that I could
check against, but I know I've seen it there somewhere before...
> I know I'll get through this eventually. One might consider adding this link to:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_HVR-1950_USB
Its a wiki, go for it. :)
--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list