[mythtv-users] Fedora 14, lirc woes

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 31 00:13:36 UTC 2011

On Jan 30, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Jeremy Enos wrote:

> I tried this kernel, and no change.  Of course, I probably don't have something configured properly yet.  In /etc/sysconfig/lirc I don't have any driver specified, because lircd -H help doesn't return mceusb as an item in the list (even with the new kernel you provided a link to).  So I'm now ready for any new suggestions.  :)

The "drivers" in lircd talk are "interface between hardware and lircd". The "default"
lircd driver is the one used to talk to hardware via the lirc kernel character device
interface, which is accessed via /dev/lircX. So "default" is the correct *lircd* driver
for talking to the mceusb *kernel* driver via the lirc device interface.

Does mode2 spit out any data when you push buttons on your remote? i.e., lets first
see if any data is getting out to userspace at all. If you could pastebin that output
(assuming there is some) and your active lircd.conf, I'll see what I can see.

And please, list etiquette here is not to top-post.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com