[mythtv-users] Fedora 14, lirc woes

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.illinois.edu
Sun Jan 30 22:14:24 UTC 2011

Thanks-
I had already created a symlink to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf from /etc/ (old
location), but this is exactly the kind of detail that I could easily
have missed and hence the need for a clear guide on how to get from old
lirc to the new model.

I'm guessing the lirc-remotes package is something I'd only need if I
didn't already have a (formerly working) lircd.conf file, right?  I use
the mce receiver but I use Hauppauge remote- hopefully no bad
interaction out of that mismatch.  (my lircd.conf is tuned for hauppauge
of course)
thanks again for the idea though-

     Jeremy