[mythtv-users] Playback is at half speed after transcoding [Follow-up]

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Sun Jan 30 19:22:31 UTC 2011

In an earlier version of this thread (e.g.,
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/playback-half-speed-after-transcoding-13472-2/),
a patch was given for the problem in mythtv 0.24 where mythtranscode
messes up the audio when the source has 6 channels.

Unfortunately, since the patch is admitted to be a kluge and not
included in upstream, my mythtv packager doesn't include it and I
don't have the resources to compile it myself.

So, as an update I was wondering:
1. Has any progress been made to patching this officially upstream?
2. Are there any other solutions short of recompiling?
3. IMPORTANTLY, is there any way to *fix* and *recover* the sound on
   recordings that were messed up or do I need to give up on them and
   hope they will be broadcast again.

Thanks!