[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 30 08:16:16 UTC 2011

Hi John

Thanks for the feedback and advice John, which is most appreciated.

Every version of Ubuntu I have seen since 8.04 has Applications, Places, &
System as the main root menu options right at the top left hand corner of
the screen.  I assume when you open up the places menu you fire up the
application Nautilus.

It appears that the problem was associated with permissions.

I fixed the permissions using the Nautilus GUI and when I looked at the
stats in mythweb I could see both locations and all the space.

12 hours later this afternoon is was back to the old setting so I went in
again the reset the permissions.

I have no idea why it changed and whether it will hold this time.

Perhaps the permissions had not flowed down the directory structure properly
so I can only wait and see if this is now resolved.

Kind Regards

Anthony