[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 950Q not working on Ubuntu 10.10

stan stanlist at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 23:55:47 UTC 2011

It works fine with Kaffeine, but no channels are found with a channel scan
with MythTV .23.

This used to work with MythTV (I think it was .23) under Ubuntu 9.x.  Also,
I used to increase the MythTV delay parameters for channel change (and
something else) when I was running under Ubuntu 9.x, but now those parameter
fields are gone from mythtv-setup.

It looks like the channel scan is going way to fast.

I tried this:

Added two new files:
	/etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
	/etc/modprobe.d/xc5000.conf

and placed this line in both new files
	options xc5000 no_poweroff=1 debug=1

Also, I ran MythWeb and changed a database field named ATSCCheckSignalWait
from 5000 to 20000.  That slowed down the channel scan, but still no
channels were found.

Is there anything else I can try?  Where did the channel change delay fields
go in mythtv-setup?

--stan