[mythtv-users] slight OT: Please top this? ...

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 27 20:21:27 UTC 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> I've actually been running about 3mo longer than my database is old,
> but it was while I was still "playing" around with things, so I wasn't
> much using Myth at the time and am not worried about any lost
> statistics when I started from scratch again for a full-time system,

Similar case here.

Number of shows: 289
Number of episodes: 8306
First recording: Monday October 6th, 2003
Last recording: Thursday January 27th, 2011
Total Running Time: 7 years 3 months 21 days 7 hrs 51 mins
Total Recorded: 9 months 12 days 20 hrs 32 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 1%

Looks like I don't record nearly as much as most people who have reported.

Some interesting (to me, anyway) other tidbits from my stats:

- "All-time" stats, CBS is by FAR my most recorded channel. (I say "All-time",
  because all my channel data got cleared out ~5 years ago upon moving from
  one coast to the other).
- Past Year stats, Fox Soccer Channel dominates, though CBS is still solidly
  in second position (only started recording FSC ~2 years ago, iirc).
- "All-time", CBS has been recorded at least 2x as often as FOX, ABC and NBC.
- Past Year, CBS has been recorded between 3x and 4x as many times as FOX,
  ABC and NBC. (More CBS recordings than FOX, ABC and NBC combined).

To put it bluntly, CBS has been kicking the other network's asses, at least in
my home, for at least five years, and its only gotten worse this past year.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com