[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 27 10:38:52 UTC 2011

Hi Andre

I have read the wiki but found it hard to follow without a few example like
- scenario you want to accomplish - here is the syntax you need to add to
this field in the configuration settings.  Unfortunately most of the mythtv
documentation is written for people who already understand the system and
has not been proof read by anyone who is new to the interface.

I have a second partition which appears in the file system as
"/media/Store/Recordings"

How do I add this location to the default storage group?  What is the exact
text string I have to add as I have read the instructions and without an
example I simply cannot get it to work?  All it needs is one character wrong
to stop it working.
Perhaps someone on this list who can understand the instructions can advise
what test I need to enter to the relevant configuration section to have the
default group look at a 2nd location?

Many Thanks

Anthony