[mythtv-users] Channel lineup change not as easy as hoped
wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:39:23 UTC 2011
Comcast recently drastically changed my HD channel lineup, and it seems
like I had to go through a bit too many steps to get MythTV in sync. A
number of the HD channels have moved to higher channel numbers.
First was to refresh the schedulesdirect listings. This wasn't too bad.
I de-selected the old HD channels and selected their new homes in the
higher channel numbers.
- I ran mythfilldatabase, but the listings (in mythweb) still showed the
old HD channels and none of the new ones.
- I noticed: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Updating_Channel_Lineup so I
added the --do-channel-updates flag. Still no new channels.
- I re-ran mythtv-setup and downloaded the channel lineup again, which
subsequently ran mythfilldatabase. Some new channels were in the
listings, as were the old channels that Comcast has made defunct.
- I ran mythfilldatabase again with --do-channel-updates and
--remove-new-channels. The latter option seems a bit oddly-named to
me. but this did remove the old channels that don't exist anymore in
my schedulesdirect lineup. But there were still some new channels missing.
- I went into the channel lineup part of mythweb and I noticed some of
the new channels had the "visible" property un-checked. I checked these.
The result of the above steps is that the defunct channels are now gone
and the new channels are there. I realize that I probably have some
redundant or unnecessary steps in there, but it seems a bit ridiculous
to me. Any thoughts on why it was such a hassle?
More information about the mythtv-users