[mythtv-users] Stepper Directed HDTV Antenna

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Wed Jan 26 21:34:37 UTC 2011

On 1/26/11 12:25 PM, Erik Hovland wrote:
> http://hackaday.com/2011/01/26/stepper-directed-hdtv-antenna/
>
> The last sentence in the paragraph throws down the gauntlet:
> What we would like to see is this antenna attached to a HTPC,
> and some kind of script to automatically direct the antenna
> for the best possible signal for the current channel.
>
> I expect a script posted to the wiki by tomorrow ;)

I think you'd get better results by adding another fixed antenna and
some dedicated tuners (one HDHR) than using a mechanical contraption to
realign for various transmitters. My experience is that tuning antenna
placement for multiple transmitters works well most of the time but
adding another antenna and tuner(s) for specific situation makes life
easier. Besides this would complicate getting simultaneous recordings
from transmitters that require different settings.

John