[mythtv-users] Control for Mythmusic through phone

Stephen Otto sotto at emsco.com
Wed Jan 26 21:32:26 UTC 2011

I have what I think should be a common "want" but can't seem to come up with
any clever ideas.

I have Mythmusic connected to my whole house audio system. While sitting in
a room or on the patio without a mythtv frontend I would like to be able to
control the frontend to select a song, playlist, play/pause, change volume,
etc. The way I am doing this now is by using a VNC viewer to the frontend
from a laptop but ideally I would be able to do this from my android
smartphone rather than lugging the laptop around and leaving it running. I
tried using Android-VNC which connects and shows the screens but it has no
arrow keys which makes it useless in moving through the menus and lists.

Anyone have any ideas?