[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 25 13:45:51 UTC 2011

Hi Raymond

Thank you for your feedback, which is most appreciated.

How do you configure storage groups in Myth Video?  I have not found any
instructions.

 How do you reference a folder on another PC?

In Windows you use the //computer name/ folder name convention?  How do you
do this in Myth video?

I have had little luck with storage groups in MythTv having the default
/var/mythtv/Recordings and tried to also point to another larger drive
mounted in /media/Store/Recordings.

When I entered the additional location into the "default group"I got the
error that it was not a valid location even though I can see it in my file
system exactly as I entered it case sensitive and all.

I cross checked in MythTv setup Storage Groups and I found it pointed to
/media/Store/Recordings/ (with the extra forward slash) which I edited out
to only find it was appended by the system again when I save.

So even though I can browse to /media/Store/Recordings through places I
cannot get Mythtv to save recording to the 700 GB resource which is so
frustrating due to a simple syntax error that I cannot resolve.  This is the
problem with so much configuration that is character based  - it is not user
friendly and frankly OUT OF DATE.

Now again how do I configure storage groups in Myth Video?

Would the inclusion of a simple map to folder interface be beyond the
abilities of Myth developers instead of providing an interface that is so
error prone?

Many Thanks

Anthony