[mythtv-users] Video file with poor playback on ION board

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:28:13 UTC 2011

On 25 January 2011 00:38, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 24 January 2011 15:13, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi JYA,
>>
>> Please see comments in the email that I just sent. I get different
>> results from within the mythtv frontend and running the above command.
>> Running the above command works fine. The file resides on the backend
>> and is shared out to the frontend via NFS, but is played through a
>> storage group, not direct from the filesystem.
>>
>> Here is the log from using the commandline to play the video.
>
> Well, you're the 3rd person I know now that can play a video just fine
> using mythavtest and not at all using mythfrontend and storage group..
>
> Something is screwed somewhere...
>
> The work around so far has been to disable the storage group, and
> configure the default player to use mythavtest ... Very weird that it
> would work that way, but it seems to do it for everyone with similar
> issue to yours.
>
> Something isn't right with the storage groups
> JY

Hi JYA

That is a shame... I have really been enjoying how fast the storage
groups were (scanning for new files and moving around etc). Will the
lirc work with mythavtest? I'll look through the wiki.

Actually, my fix for this so far has been to transcode the video to xvid.
I think I would prefer to fix the odd video rather than switch back to NFS
and local file paths.

If there is an issue though, it would be nice to at least log it so it can be
fixed at some point. Is there anything you would want me to run to
give the correct debug info?

Cheers

Phil