[mythtv-users] Hitachi 3T drives - reliable?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:05:41 UTC 2011

> Do we perhaps think Newegg is cheaper because they're buying -- and hence
> selling -- manufacturer culls?  Drive which are, perhaps, at the low end
> of the QA pass scale?

I think the biggest problem was their poor packaging. They appear to
have fixed that on my last two orders. They even had a facebook (or
similar) blog about that. However in the past I have seen some really
poor packaging from them especially when I ordered many drives in a
single order for work. I have seen drives in their anti-static bags
and just peanuts with the drives floating around in the box.. And then
also a foam cutout from a 20 pack without the top sitting face down on
the bottom of the box such that all drives had no protection between
them and the bottom of the box.

John