[mythtv-users] ATI card ThemePainter to opengl not working

Sateesh Mandava sateeshm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:48:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have recently transitioned my myth system to ATI card. (I am using
mythbuntu 0.24 auto builds).

If I change the ThemePainter to opengl the following screens goes
blank "for ever".

1. Any video out screens (livetv, recordings, mythvideo etc..)
2. mythtv settings screens.
3. every thing under mythtv-setup except the firstpage.

I do not see any error messages from frontend or backend logs.

Only way I could restore these screens is to revert the ThemePainter
row in settings table back to qt using the mysql command line. I am
having this issue on both 64 and 34bit versions of mythbuntu.

My xorg.conf is bare minimal ( that came with the distro). All it has
is the hint to use ATI proprietory fglrx driver.

Every thing (digital audio passthru, screen scaling, mplayer, xine and
vlc ) works perfectly with HDMI out on my 55" tv. The video quality is
actually better than the Nvidia cards I ever used so far.

Do I need to make any changes to xorg.conf changes to get opengl to
work properly?

Thanks,
Sateesh.