[mythtv-users] backend stops responding 2-3 times a day

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sun Jan 23 22:54:48 UTC 2011

On 23/01/11 22:34, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> I'm running a dedicated backend with 2 Hauppauge Nova-T capture cards,
>> running ubuntu 10.04 with the mythbunto autobuilds.
> What are Nova-T capture cards?  Do they capture clearqam or are they
> analog signal encoders?  Which kernel driver do you use with them?
They are DVB/ATSC cards.  They use the cx88 driver.
>> The backend log at the time it fails contains:
>>
>> 2011-01-23 10:11:02.674 MythSocket(ffffffffa932f890:-1):
>> writeStringList: Error, socket went unconnected.
>>                           We wrote 0 of 9 bytes with 1 errors
> And there it is.
This actually occurred when I quit a frontend before it had given up
waiting for a response.  It had already failed a while before this (at
around 6am I believe).
>> The last time it failed I attached gdb to it to obtain a backtrace as
>> per instructions
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/455557#455557.
>> backtrace attached.
> I have obtained a number of gdb traces as was requested the last time
> around on this one and put them into bug 9274.  Unfortunately that bug
> has not gotten any real attention at all other than to chastise about
> pasting stack traces rather than attaching them.
>> Can anyone give some pointers as to where to look further.
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9274?  That looks like what you are
> seeing.

thanks for that pointer.  I'll add some details there.

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started