[mythtv-users] Video file with poor playback on ION board

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:59:20 UTC 2011

Sorry JYA,

I wasnt trying to be exhaustive on the codecs supported by feature set
B / ION. I was speaking in generalities, in that if the file is a mp4
container it is likely to be DIVX/XVID or H264... both of which can
cause problems for ATOM/ION systems.

As I understand it VC1 and AVC1 are not the same thing. AVC1 is h264.
VC-1 is (perceived of being) a MS codec. and the OP stated VLC
indicated AVC1; which is supported so I went on to say that the
encoding options could be causing the issue.