[mythtv-users] Video file with poor playback on ION board

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 14:30:55 UTC 2011

Have a look at handbrake and use normal or high profile; both work
fine, dont change the video encoding options; but you can change the
container format, audio and subtitle options as desired/required.

I change the high profile to use mkv container (personal preference)
and add in whatever audio and subtitles I require for the movie
(especially on DVD rips).
You probably can simply copy over whatever subtitles and audio
channels are in the existing file.

Another upcoming choice is the arista transcoder (google it).