[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Sat Jan 22 22:47:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 15:30 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 1/22/11 2:26 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 01:13 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:
> >> But I just ended up hacking up mythburn.py to perform an addition
> >> round
> >> of mythtranscode to do a lossless cut of commercials after it
> >> transcodes
> >> the video to mpeg2.
> >
> > Will,
> >
> > can you post the hack.
> > thxs.
>

> Sure.   The patch is attached.
>
> It is a hack, as it's virtually untested (beyond me burning a
> commercial-free DVD).   It probably breaks burning content not from an
> hd-pvr by cutting the recording with the cutlist twice.  Fixable, sure,
> but I didn't intend this to be an official patch and I stopped editing
> it when I saw it work.  :)
>
> What it does is this:
> - Run an additional iteration of runMythtranscode() to losslessly remove
> commercials *after* the entire recording has been transcoded to mpeg2
> - Obtains cutlist using mythcommflag manually
> - Explicitly specifies the cutlist values to mythtranscode
> (mythtranscode seems to not use cutlists when provided a file name
> rather than recording parameters, even if the file name is the same)
>

> -WD

Will Thxs,

The patch applied OK.
So far negative results but it could be the setup. It has many variables
and I have to spent sometime looking at everything.

1. I can produce an iso using the simple autoplay as before

2. This iso still contains the cut list despite the fact I did mark it
to be removed (the scissors icon becomes red)

3. Menu do not work but this is another problem.

Will from where do you get your recordings? Are you using the hd-pvr
connected to cable box or satellite box?

-=terry=-