[mythtv-users] High CPU Utilisation

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:18:47 UTC 2011

> I tried various setting changes including disabling commercial detection,
> transcoding, audio and video with no success.

I take it this means changing different video playback profiles?  I'm
guessing you want CPU++ --
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles

You haven't mentioned anything about hardware decoding/VDPAU nor HD
content, so I assume everything you watch is of low resolution?  If
that's not the case, and you have some content that is HD while others
are not, then the issue will be more in line with what is/is not HD as
that requires significantly more power to watch.

Does mplayer play the same content with as high a cpu usage?

Matt