[mythtv-users] Mapping of play button on my remote

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 21 09:29:10 UTC 2011

  On 01/18/2011 08:10 AM, Stephen Otto wrote:
>> This seems like such a natural user expectation of playback control behavior, to me anyway, that unless I'm missing something, I think it should definitely be "normal" and "default".
>>> Indeed, it is required for WAF += 1;
> @EW, Thanks for the tip. I have to mention that this has always bothered me
> (although apparently not enough to do anything about). I always just wrote
> it off as one of those mythtv quirks. This should absolutely be the default
> setup in lircrc. Nice work.

In MythTV, TV Playback|PAUSE has been mapped to P and TV Playback|PLAY
has been mapped to Ctrl+P for as long as I've been using MythTV.

It sounds like those of you who are unhappy with the "default setup in
lircrc" need to talk to your distro maintainers (or whoever is giving
you the LIRC config) or edit the wiki page where you got your LIRC config.

Mike